Risotto is a wonderful dish to make on a cool, rainy day! This recipe uses butternut squash for a great fall flavor.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tb butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups (approximate) broth
- 2/3 cup pureed butternut squash
- 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- salt and pepper
- Sautee the onions and mushrooms in the butter until soft. Set aside.
- In a large pot, begin cooking the rice with 1 cup of broth, stirring frequently. Add broth in 1/2 cup increments as needed until rice is done (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in butternut squash, herbs, salt and pepper, onions, and mushrooms.