Such a wonderful fall soup!
2 medium beets
2 medium carrots
1 medium potato
1/2 a small head of cabbage
1/2 a large onion
1 garlic clove
oil (I used avocado oil)
salt and pepper
1 tsp thyme
4 cups of vegetable broth
- Chop all of the vegetables into chunks.
- Mince the garlic and set it aside.
- Place the vegetables onto a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Roast them in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and roast 20 more minutes or until a fork will pierce the beet pieces.
- Place all the vegetables into a pot with 4 cups of vegetable broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a blender if desired and serve with a dollop of greek yogurt (or sour cream).